Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Rottweiler Christmas story, December 24th, 2009

We had an incident today that looked pretty serious but it turned out to be OK and everything is now back to normal. (for Christmas, that is)

A Bengal Tiger snuck into our house and frightened one of our Rotties. It is fortunate that I walk around the house all day carrying my trusty camera because now I can show you what happened.

The tiger went after Axl first and Axl didn't know what was going on. Poor Axl, look at the expression on his face.
Click the pictures to view larger size.

But all of a sudden the tiger's purpose became clear. He was one of Santa's helpers and he was helping spread Santa's Good Cheer.
And as soon as the ferocious tiger put on his famous Santa hat Axl knew he was not going to be harmed so went right to sleep laying his head on the Santa Tiger's paws.

While Axl was sleeping, Santa's Tiger Helper told Axl how he needed all the volunteers he could get so he asked Axl to become a Santa Rott.
And Axl said, "Yes", he would help as soon as he finished his nap.



"Maybe you are getting too old, my friend", said the Santa Tiger. "I will ask some of the other Rotties in this house if they will help."

So he asked the youngest Rottweiler in the house, Ruff, but Ruff only wanted to play. Ruff kept saying he wanted to stay up all night and see the real Santa.


So the Santa Tiger asked the little lady Rott, Sassy, if she would like to be one of Santa's helpers. And Sassy said, "Yes, I like to work." and she would be proud to be a Santa Rott. So Santa Tiger gave her his Santa hat to wear, and here she is.

Sassy only had one question for the Santa Tiger, she wanted to know if this job was all year long. The Santa Tiger told her it was. Rottweilers must always spread good cheer, every day, wherever they go.
Merry Christmas, from all of the Rott-n-kids and their humans, too.




4 comments:

  1. Fantastic shots, Nelson! A very Merry Christmas to you, your lovely wife, and the Rotties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I hope you check back for the updates. I have a long story to write and 15 years worth of photos to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of Axl snuggled with the tiger is the BEST picture I have ever seen. I am so glad I found your blog. It is great. I volunteer for a Rottweiler Rescue (4Paws Rescue - Specializing in Rottweilers) in Pahrump, NV. We have a page on FB & that is where I found you. May I add your blog to our page? I would love to share these photos with our fans & people everywhere to learn that a dog is a product of their environment! Keep up the great work. I can't wait to check back in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane, you certainly may add my blog and forward my pictures for any personal use and for any use by your rescue group. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete