Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Playing games with Ruff

We have a science toy in the house that generates huge colored lightning bolts inside of a clear globe and shoots them out to the inside of the glass wherever you touch it. I call it The Thing. I bought it at Target a few years ago and have posted some photos taken when our then young girl Sassy came in contact with it. I set up The Thing today and showed it to Ruff and he was mildly curious about it. Ruff did touch his nose to the glass and I got a few good pictures of it.
 

Now some people I showed these pictures to asked if he was hurt by the sparks and I told them, No, and I know this for a fact because I tried it out on myself, first. So now you know just how goofy we all are in our house.

So one good joke becomes another good joke and this leads to an even greater joke. I concluded my emails on this subject by sending out this next picture, which wasn't mine. I commented with mock alarm that The Thing exploded because I forgot to turn it off. Of course it didn't fool anyone.
For the record, the first four photos are originals and not photoshopped. The last photo is real also. Some electronic genius built himself a Tesla coil in his backyard. Probably scared the wits out of his neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment