Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday evening we watched the Academy Awards.

 
I just had to add this post as a footnote to yesterday's activities. While we were watching the Daytona 500 and I was taking pictures of Ruff watching the television, old man Axl was sound asleep on the couch next to me. So after dinner last night we retired to the living room to watch the Academy Awards and Axl resumed his position on the couch where he left off. And he took another nap. The poor old Rottweiler can't live on just 12 hours sleep next to my wife at bedtime, he has to take more naps during our waking hours. But did you ever see a dog sleep like this?


 

7 comments:

  1. LOL, why yes, I have! I had a Rottie/Lab mix that would lay on the couch with his head on the coffee table.

    They are wonderful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having lived with 6 Rottweilers since 1995 I have witnessed 6 different personalities, 6 different tastes and 6 different behaviors. And none have slept with their head on the coffee table like Axl. The only characteristic they have all shared was being a clown and make us laugh. They are wonderful creatures/

      Delete
  2. It is funny how they are all so different and have their unique personalities. The boy we have now is a good mix of the 3 boys we've lost over the years. They certainly are clowns. Can't imagine a life without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason for the sleeping is they are getting there beauty rest that way they pose for your pictures at a moments call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jorge, This old Rottweiler already gets 12 hours sleep at night on my wife's bed in addition to several naps in between. I have been thinking of doing a photo essay called One Day In The Life Of An Old Rottweiler, but in most of the pictures Axl would be sleeping.

      Delete
  4. Hello, thought I would leave a comment as a new blog owner as I'm finally excited to become a member of this blog :) I love your pictures and seeing how your rottie's personalities shine through. We have a rottweiler called Del. He's 14 months old now, and is a big old bundle of love!

    Love your blog and always look forward to more pictures:)

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachael, I love sharing my pictures and reading the nice comments. Maybe when the weather gets nicer I'll post more of them.

      Delete