Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ruffin and his golf balls.

 
It has been very busy around here lately. I had to have the liner replaced in our swimming pool and it had to be scheduled after our unusual monsoon season. The whole operation took five days, including the three days I gradually emptied the water from the pool. When you have almost 30,000 gallons of water to dispose of and the ground is already fairly soggy from the rain, it takes a bit of prep work to avoid making matters worse than they were before. But it all came out well in spite of the temperature being in the high 90s.
Then, yesterday, after the ground was dry enough, I got to cut the grass in the back which I hadn't done in three weeks. After dinner we took the rottweilers out for a walk in the backyard. And Ruffin brought back another golf ball. He has been finding them in the back for the past three years, and I have no clue where they come from. They almost all have the same brand which is expensive enough to not want to hit them once and forget about them. Someone is practicing their driving but it isn't any of my closest neighbors and I have no idea how far away they are being hit.
Above photo: taken last night when Ruff brought his important discovery in the house.
And here is Ruff's two boxes of trophies. Almost 3 dozen golf balls that he had found. I think maybe I should take up golf if only Ruff could find me some clubs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment