Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Urgent: Jan Cooper, the great Rottweiler lady in California, needs our help.


Updated August 11, 2014. See below.
Please pass this on to anyone who may know of or heard of Jan Cooper in Anaheim, California. Her mailing address is 10172 Gilbert St., Anaheim, CA 92804. Her email address is Jan4Rott@rott-n-chatter.com and she does not know I am posting this. I have known Jan Cooper for over 10 years and she is one of the greatest champions of the Rottweiler breed. She has also single-handedly compiled a database of Rottweiler bloodlines in America.
Those were during the good times, then things got bad.
Jan just sent the following letter to Glen Beck trying to get someone interested in a growing problem regarding senior citizens with reverse mortgages losing their homes but the real problem is she is about to lose her own home because of it.
If you belong to a dog list then someone must have heard about Jan Cooper and may be able to get her some help or have her message made public. Just pass it along.
Thank you,
Nelson
From: jan cooper

Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 5:26 PM


Subject: 1000's of US Seniors kicked to streets by HUD!

Mr. Beck, can you please let the public and media know what is happening to "non-borrowing surviving spouses" when a spouse dies and their home had a reverse mortgage on it?
HUD is the agency that set up this program and yet, has had to be forced by the court this year to address this growing situation to prevent seniors from literally being kicked out of their homes. I know, I am such a victim.
My husband and I purchased our older home together 36 years ago. As we aged so did the house. We qualified for a low income loan from the County of Orange, CA., to upgrade and do a lot of repairs. Since we were on Social Security only we opted to take out a reverse mortgage to pay for the loan and additional repairs, (2004). When interviewed by a 3rd party as required by law, we were instructed to take my name from the deed to obtain more funding along with removing our Living Trust in order to obtain the reverse mortgage.
Fast forward:
Husband developed Alzheimer's disease and cancer so we renewed the reverse (2006).  January 2014 my husband passed away. I was informed even before my husband was buried (Military cemetery, he was a WWII Veteran with several medals) that I had to either pay the reverse, sell the house or sign it over to the mortgagee.
Fast forward again:
Currently our home is in foreclosure, scheduled to be sold via Trustee sale on Oct 3, and I will literally be homeless after 36 years living in my home.
HUD has issued 2 new policies to mortgagees and banks holding reverse mortgages: 1. For all new reverse mortgages effective August 5, 2014, non borrowing spouses or significant others do NOT have to be on the deed, rather by living with the person on the deed and remain living in the home after death they can remain in their homes....
BUT 2. For non-borrowing surviving spouses, the policy effective June 25, 2014 is so restrictive that virtually none in my situation can qualify.  There are 1000s like me but no one is aware of what is happening to us, it is a very well kept dark secret.
The irony is that I will be homeless and have to turn to HUD to help me find someplace to live as I cannot afford to rent because of low Social Security income.  I even receive food stamps from the county and help from the local food bank.
Please address this very important issue so that the public knows what is happening every day to US senior citizens and perhaps HUD will find a way to let us live in our homes and not be putting us out in the streets, and that is exactly where I have to go...
Oh...I just learned yesterday that I have no legal rights to the house to even try to sell it because of the negated Living Trust....I have to go through Probate. I cannot even afford the filing fees, so after 37 years of marriage, a lifetime of working, on October 3rd I end up alone, with my dog and just enough belongings that will fit in my minivan...
I am 73, have severe heart disease.
You can put a face to this note if you do a Google search on "jan cooper burglar"...you can also see my beloved late husband and our service dog....please let the county know what is happening every day. 
It might not be enough to help me, but perhaps it may help other US seniors.
I will put a face on it for you Jan. Here are some pictures of you when you came here for a visit.
American Rottweiler Club Nationals, Mason, Ohio 2004
Postscript: I received another email from Jan tonight along with a video she made to bring attention to this reverse mortgage scam being played on Senior Citizens.
From: jan cooper

Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 8:06 PM

To: undisclosed-recipients:

Subject: Senior with Assistant Dog kicked to street
I have finished putting together a 10 minute video that hopefully explains the situation of losing my home resulting in me and my registered Rottweiler Assistant Dog being kicked into the streets. I will literally have enough belongings that will fit into my mini van and my dog.

I now come to you and ask that YOU please forward the following link to all on your email lists, FB, Twitter, Instagram, news reporters/magazines and any other media you can think of. The story is on video, you don't have do anything other than share the link.

Maybe, just maybe it can help me but if not maybe someone else.
Remember the media blitz across the country and other parts of the world when I shot at a burglar last year...I have fought to save my family and home already and now I am fighting for me.

I love all of you and words cannot explain my deepest gratitude for what you have done to give me support and let me use your shoulders to cry on.

Now I am prepared to just step back and hope and pray the media will pick up the story and put pressure on HUD. It is my only hope left.

Hugs and tummy rubs to the all the Rottweilers and G-d bless each of you!!!...jan


--

jan cooper: jan4rott@rott-n-chatter.com
Manager of Rottweilers: at Pawvillage.com
Original Rottweiler items: cafepress.com/rottweilers
oldest Rottweiler domain in the world: rott-n-chatter.com
"The Lord will never give us anything greater than He knows we can bear."

  

No comments:

Post a Comment