Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve and we are all waiting for Santa.


Rumors and Myths get to become part of tradition around our house - or so we would like to believe. The truth is it is Christmas Eve and tomorrow is Christmas Day but everything that follows that statement of fact is part of our Santa Claus Myth that I have passed down over the last few years to all our Rotties.
So it is with great pleasure that I retell the story of the Rottie Santa Helpers.

Thursday, December 24, 2009


A Rottweiler Christmas story, December 24th, 2009

We had an incident today that looked pretty serious but it turned out to be OK and everything is now back to normal. (for Christmas, that is)

A Bengal Tiger snuck into our house and frightened one of our Rotties. It is fortunate that I walk around the house all day carrying my trusty camera because now I can show you what happened.


The tiger went after Axl first and Axl didn't know what was going on. Poor Axl, look at the expression on his face.
Click the pictures to view larger size.
But all of a sudden the tiger's purpose became clear. He was one of Santa's helpers and he was helping spread Santa's Good Cheer.
And as soon as the ferocious tiger put on his famous Santa hat Axl knew he was not going to be harmed so went right to sleep laying his head on the Santa Tiger's paws.
While Axl was sleeping, Santa's Tiger Helper told Axl how he needed all the volunteers he could get so he asked Axl to become a Santa Rott.
And Axl said, "Yes", he would help as soon as he finished his nap.
"Maybe you are getting too old, my friend", said the Santa Tiger. "I will ask some of the other Rotties in this house if they will help."


So he asked the youngest Rottweiler in the house, Ruff, but Ruff only wanted to play. Ruff kept saying he wanted to stay up all night and see the real Santa.
So the Santa Tiger asked the little lady Rott, Sassy, if she would like to be one of Santa's helpers. And Sassy said, "Yes, I like to work." and she would be proud to be a Santa Rott. So Santa Tiger gave her his Santa hat to wear, and here she is.
Sassy only had one question for the Santa Tiger, she wanted to know if this job was all year long. The Santa Tiger told her it was. Rottweilers must always spread good cheer, every day, wherever they go.
Merry Christmas, from all of the Rott-n-kids and their humans, too.
----- end -----
It is sad to recall that our little girl Sassy passed away this year and is now waiting at The Bridge for her family to join her.
 --- + ---
So today we have a new little girl that is already starting to fill the gap in our hearts. I am so very grateful to my friend Barb who works at the Kenton County Animal Shelter for alerting me when Bess was brought in for adoption. She knew how hard I was looking for a replacement for Sassy. The moment I picked her up and held Bess in my arms all it took was one look and one kiss and one taste of her puppy breath and I couldn't say Yes fast enough. And so Bess came into our home and has taken Sassy's place in being mine and Ruff's constant companion. That was the best Christmas present both Ruffin and I could have received and we are both sharing her affections every day.

So what else has been happening around our house since my last post? We played ball in the kitchen and I managed a few good shots with the camera in high-speed Sport mode.
By the way, these were all one-handed shots, taken without looking through the viewfinder because I was tossing the ball with my left hand. Consider them all lucky shots. I threw out a dozen more bad pictures into the trash can.
Bessie's love for her big handsome friend Ruff has deepened and it seems to have replaced the hand-to-hand combat sessions of a few weeks ago.
Meanwhile my little sleeping beauty has begun to share my bed at night and even goes in to wait for me before I go to bed. And in spite of her size she can really warm up the bed. Before she found the right place to sleep on the bed she woke me up in the middle of the night laying on my pillow, curled around my head. Never felt so hot in my life.
And she follows me around the house and hangs out with me in the den. I took this picture about an hour ago while I getting ready to put up this post.
So now we are up to date on our adventures. It is time to begin preparation for the big day tomorrow. Hope you all have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment