Friday, November 20, 2015

Seen through the kitchen window


A few nights ago we had a beautiful sunset. I first spotted it through the kitchen window and like many before it, I stared at it for a while before thinking of grabbing the camera. It seemed to predict the cool, clear weather we had these past few days. "Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky at morning, sailor's take warning".
Then last night about a half hour before sunset I noticed the sunlight glowing through the leaves on the trees behind the house. This didn't last very long and I think by the time I retrieved the camera I may have missed the best part because when I first saw it the leaves were really glowing from the sun behind them, especially the red Japanese Maple.
Just before noon today I saw another sight through the same window. Bess was perched atop the stone wall looking like a library lion, and her protector and champion Ruff was laying nearby.
Then I got noticed and they both turned to see what I was doing hanging out of the open window. I'm sure they think I'm very strange.





 

1 comment:

  1. WOW Nelson, what an awesome shot... That sunset truly inspires...

    ReplyDelete