Friday, May 12, 2017

Angie Ruiz, who produced and directed Black Beauty Breed, has a new film FOREVER FAITHFUL



A new film from Angie Ruiz, the producer and director of the award winning documentary Black Beauty Breed, is scheduled for release next month.  Click this link to watch a preview: https://vimeo.com/203730245
FOREVER FAITHFUL explores the eternal bond that exists between humans and their dogs. A little girl's best friend, her dog, is diagnosed with bone cancer. The film follows her journey as she tries to understand both the causes of canine cancer and the advanced treatments available to her dog.
Several incredible dogs are introduced along the way. Her ultimate discovery is that canine friendship lives forever. This documentary film will be released in June 2017.
In an interview with the Porterville Recorder a few years ago while promoting her documentary, Angie Ruiz told the remarkable story of how she became a first time Rottweiler owner.
“I made this film from the heart about something I believe in. Even though the film is about the Rottweiler, the themes of the film are universal — loyalty, resilience, friendship and hard work,” Ruiz said. “The film showcases their little-known versatility as search-and-rescue dogs and therapy dogs, and their success in dog sports — agility, nose work, carting and herding. And for the first time ever, audiences can see the Rottweiler Search and Rescue dogs deployed to Ground Zero in the days following 9/11.”

Her inspiration for the film came in 2007 after rescuing a Rottweiler, Samson, from a Porterville family who could not keep him.

“He was 9 months old and I offered to pick him up and drive him to The Rottweiler Rescue of Los Angeles. On the drive from Porterville to Los Angeles, I saw how sad he was to leave his family and my heart just melted. At that moment, I made a decision to rescue him myself,” Ruiz said. “I was inspired to make the documentary because it is the film that I would have liked to seen when I rescued Samson. I didn’t know anything about the breed at the time and information was not readily available.”
Now I can hardly wait to get a chance to see the new film myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment