Friday, November 10, 2017

All about LOVE.

Love makes the world go 'round. Love is the most powerful force in the Universe. Love is the strongest vitamin. You cannot live without love. Every day I am constantly reminded of love. I see it going on between Ruffin and Bessie as well as between Ruffin and me and Bessie and me.  And once in awhile all three of us have group hugs and kisses.

How Rottweilers fall in love.
Only people who are fortunate to live with Rottweilers will know what these two are doing. If you don’t know Rotties then you might not understand these photos. Just know this, they are not fighting. They are playing a game called love. This is how they show their affection for each other.


Surrounded by love.
Ruff did a very good job raising baby Bess all by himself. Ruff taught Bess everything he knows. Especially the best parts: the kisses. I used to joke about what appeared to be the daily "hand-to-hand" combat sessions. Looking back over the last 22 years I saw how the female Rottweilers in our family were always the leaders. So I often wrote that while Ruffin was doing his best to raise the midget furball I called Bessie, he was in fact training her to become a "warrior Queen". Now Bess is 110 lbs and as tall and long as Ruff but as gentle with him as any human caregiver would be.
Well, we never got to see the "warrior Queen". Bessie grew up to be a shy girl who never acts pushy around Ruff. Maybe that's because Ruff never had anyone to play with besides the little girl. I recall our last girl, Sassy, who was always bossing around Ruff and Axl when they were roughhousing. But Bess has become a self-appointed protector of me and the house. At least as far as everyone and every thing outside. 
Bessie's body language says it all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment