Thursday, May 10, 2018

Everything isn't as bleak as it seems. Sometimes we do have some fun.

I would like to share a recent event that took place here. I am calling Promises Broken and Promise Kept. It was a little thing that involved an ice cream cone.

Broken promises.
Well, the ice cream truck came down the street today. This was the first time I was ready for it. Before it turned around at the end of our dead end street I went in and grabbed the camera. I had promised Ruff and Bess I would buy them an ice cream cone. So we waited, and waited and finally the truck comes up to our house and I flagged him down. And the man inside said he didn't carry ice cream, he only carried flavored ice drinks. So after dinner tonight we will go for a ride over to Dairy Queen and buy some.
I need to mention this wasn't the first time this colorful truck has come down our street. Last year Bess was very interested in seeing it and hearing the loud music it was playing and when it past by us I promised her that one day we would be ready for it and I would buy her an ice cream cone. Little did I realize they didn't carry ice cream.
Promise kept.
Well, almost. They didn't have frozen ice cream cones to take home so I bought a bag of dixie cups. And one more correction, its not DQ its UDF, United Dairy Farmers. Anyway, Bess and Ruff enjoyed the ice cream just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment